Are you suffering from gums that have pulled back from your teeth? This condition is known as gum recession. Many patients come to Dr. Monte McCourt to discuss their receding gums because they realize that having exposed root surfaces is not conducive for optimum dental health in Denver, NC.
In fact, it can lead to further issues such as damaged tooth structure, root surface cavities, or even tooth loss.
What Causes Gums to Recede?
Your gums are likely receding because of either one of the following factors, or a combination of several of them:
- You have periodontitis, which is the primary cause of gum recession.
- You are brushing in an aggressive manner, essentially irritating the gum tissues around the teeth and causing them to recede.
- You have crooked or misaligned teeth, or tend to clench and grind your teeth, which places undue pressure on the gums and often results in recession.
- Your lip, tongue, or cheek jewelry is aggravating the gum tissues of your mouth.
- You have a genetic predisposition to having periodontitis, and therefore gum recession.
- You are using tobacco products, and those products are harming your gum tissues.
- You have a history of poor or inconsistent oral hygiene.
Of course, to get a full picture of why you are experiencing this concern, you will need to make an appointment with Dr. McCourt. Together, you can discuss the topic of how to deal with your gum recession in Denver, NC.
Your Gums Can Be Restored – Act Now!
There are many procedures used by Dr. McCourt to treat patients with gum recession in Denver, NC
and the surrounding region. Some, like the Pinhole Surgical Technique™
, are minimally invasive. Do not delay – act now and schedule your consultation to prevent further gum recession from occurring.