If you have any of the following conditions, you may be at risk for gum recession:
- You have avoided addressing gum disease treatment options or even making regular dental appointments for years.
- You are brushing so hard that your gums are irritated and sore afterward.
- You use tobacco products such as cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
- You have mouth jewelry on your tongue, lips, or cheeks.
- Your family has a history of receding gums or gum disease.
- You have crooked teeth or a misaligned bite.
- You have a clenching or grinding habit.
- You are dealing with hormonal fluctuations.
The good news is that Dr. Monte McCourt has seen many patients who want to prevent receding gums in Denver, NC and will be happy to share his thoughts on how you can follow their lead and have a healthier mouth.
You Can Start Your Gum Recession Prevention Today!
After you make your appointment with Dr. McCourt to discuss gum recession, gum disease treatment, and basic oral hygiene, you can take the first steps toward avoiding and preventing the progression of gum recession.
Some of the smartest ways people prevent receding gums in Denver, NC include:
- See Dr. McCourt on a consistent basis.
- Stop their use of tobacco.
- Learn how to correctly brush and floss.
- Get the gum disease treatment they need.
- Correct their hormonal fluctuations with medical or alternative remedies. (Always contact your primary care physician before taking herbs or tinctures.)
- Remove all foreign objects, such as piercings, from their mouths.
- Practice smart oral hygiene every day.
- Seek orthodontics or cosmetic surgery to treat crooked teeth or bite misalignment.
Together, you and Dr. McCourt can come up with the perfect dental health plan to stop gum recession in its tracks. Call our office in Denver, NC for your consultation now.