Have your gums begun to recede from your teeth? At the first sign of this dental health issue, you should feel free to contact Dr. Monte McCourt. Dr. McCourt has experience treating patients of all ages with receding gums in Denver, NC to prevent this problem from worsening.
Gum recession is most often a result of gum disease. However, other factors can also be the culprit. No matter the cause, gum recession can lead to numerous health and wellness situations when left untreated, including:
- Loss of a tooth or several teeth
- Increased rate of tooth decay
- Damage of exposed root structure
- Temperature sensitivity
- Dents or notches near the gum line
- An unflattering appearance
Each of these concerns should be taken seriously. When gum recession is stopped, healing procedures and methods like the Pinhole Surgical Technique™ can be applied to help reverse any damage.
What Are the Signs of Gum Recession?
Many people do not realize that they are beginning to have receding gums in Denver, NC because they ignore warning signs, such as:
- Increased sensitivity to hot, cold, or sugary foods and beverages
- Periodontal disease that is not being treated
- Gum tissue that has begun to “pull away” or recede from the tooth it should be protecting
- Gums that are tender, especially after brushing or flossing.
- Parents or relatives who have gum recession issues (Gum recession and gum disease often run in families.)
- Mouth and gum irritation caused by mouth piercings
- Constant grinding of teeth, especially during sleep
If you experience one or more of these symptoms in Denver, NC, please make an appointment with Dr. McCourt today. Every person deserves to have a beautiful, healthy smile; one of the fastest ways to make that a reality is to address receding gums before more critical issues like tooth loss and severe root surface decay occur.