It is not unusual for people to experience a broken tooth. Whether caused by an accident or weakness in the tooth itself, this type of problem requires a solution. If it is not treated, a broken tooth could cause serious issues in the future, including the loss of the tooth.
For many individuals, the concern of broken teeth in Denver, NC
leads them to talk with Dr. Monte McCourt about dental crowns.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are snug “caps” that are made to mimic the look and function of the tooth structure they are replacing, as well as the appearance of the teeth surrounding the crowns. In essence, they blend into any oral environment.
Crowns are typically constructed of porcelain fused to high noble metal, but may also be all ceramic or all gold, depending on the needs and preferences of each individual patient.
Because they are constructed of safe, sturdy materials, dental crowns should last for up to seven to ten years. This makes them a good option for people who:
• Have teeth that have weakened over time
• Have teeth with cracks in them
• Have teeth that have already broken
• Have teeth that have been worn down
• Have teeth that would otherwise require particularly large fillings
• Have misshapen teeth
• Have discolored teeth
• Have had a root canal
What are the Beneficial Aspects of Getting a Dental Crown in Denver, NC?
Some of the biggest advantages to getting a dental crown are as follows:
• Your smile will be more aesthetic.
• Your tooth will not be as sensitive.
• You can cover teeth that are discolored.
• You can treat a broken or fractured tooth.
• You can strengthen a tooth weakened from decay.
Dr. McCourt treats patients who need a dental crown in Denver, NC and the surrounding areas. He will explain the process during your visit. To learn more about dental crowns and other services offered by Dr. McCourt, please contact our office for your consultation today.